Finish reps however you can, even if you have to add in reps of pulldowns, regular pushups, or half squats to finish. It is best to perform this workout in a circuit fashion: go from one exercise to the next using a sub-maximum or maximum effort rep set each time.
- 100 Pullups, pulldown combo if needed
- 200 TRX Atomic Pushups 200 or burpees 200 (or combo of both)
- Only do burpees in pyramid run format: burpee run 30m, burpee run 30m, etc.
- 300 squats, 50 reps must be weighted to 50% of your bodyweight
- 400 abs, workout of choice, 1 second plank = 1 rep
- 2.5 mile easy run
- Swim 500m warmup, any stroke
- Two 200m sprints, 400m total, CSS / Free
- Three 100m CSS, 300m total, timed
- 200m hypox free, 6-10 strokes per breath
- 100m sprints, any stroke
If you prefer not to swim, go for a ruck march that lasts about 30-40 minutes with 40-50 lbs.
Stew Smith works as a presenter / editorial board with the Tactical Strength and Conditioning program of the National Strength and Conditioning Association and is Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). There are also over 800 articles on Military.com Fitness Forum focusing on a variety of fitness, nutritional, and tactical issues military members face throughout their career.