Here is a new carry weight workout using a weight vest that can be done just about anywhere. This is great for those of you who are traveling during the Holidays:
Weight Vest Weekend
If you have no vest, then carry 30 Db/KB or wear a backpack during transitions: Pushup / 30m Run pyramid: 15 minutes – non-stop. How high can you get in 15 minutes? Here is how the pyramid for time works:
- Run 30 meters do 1 pushup
- Run 30 meters do 2 pushups
- Run 30 meters do 3 pushups…keep going and increasing every set for 15 minutes.
Note if you start to fail – you can start over at 1 again or try to repeat in reverse order for the remainder of the 15 minute non-stop workout. How high can you get? Stair climb and Squat Pyramid, 15 minutes: Up and down stairs for 15 minutes and do the squat pyramid each direction: Here is how the Stair / Squat pyramid for time works:
- Up/Down Steps - do 1 squat
- Up/Down Steps - do 2 squats
- Up/Down Steps – do 3 squats…keep going and increasing every set for 15 minutes.
How high can you get in 15 minutes?
Dips / Lunges 10 minutes Pyramid (no travel in between sets)
- 1 dip / 1 lunge/leg
- 2 dips / 2 lunges/leg...do for 10 minutes
- How high can you get in 10 minutes?
Weight Vest / Weight Room mix: Max pullups with weight vest Repeat for 3 sets
- Pullups 5 (or max if less than 5 reps)
- Dead lifts 5 or
- Leg press 10
Max pullups without weight
Cardio Cool Down: Your option to spend 15-20 minutes of easy paced run, bike, elliptical, row or swim.