All Rangers volunteer to become members of the 75th Ranger Regiment and complete the rigorous Ranger Assessment and Selection Program, known as RASP, to join the ranks of this elite U.S. Army Special Operations Command unit.
Lower enlisted Soldiers and Sergeants attend RASP 1, an eight-week course that trains Soldiers in the basic skills and tactics required to operate in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Upon completion of this course, Rangers have the essential skills, training, and confidence to be members of the 75th Ranger Regiment.Officers, Warrant Officers and senior noncommissioned officers (Staff Sgt. through Command Sgt. Maj.) must attend RASP 2, a three-week course focused on selecting the best leadership from across the Army.
All sergeants and above in the 75th Ranger Regiment must be Ranger qualified, meaning that they have successfully completed the U.S. Army Ranger School at Fort Benning, Ga., the Army's premier leadership school. Newly assigned Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment typically attend Ranger School after multiple combat deployments and training cycles – before they become Sergeants.
The 75th Ranger Regiment is currently experiencing a period of unprecedented growth in size, capability, and increased employment as the Special Operations force of choice. Due to this growth, positions in most MOS's have increased. The 75th Ranger Regiment is continuously looking for energetic and highly motivated individuals to fill its ranks.
Qualifications to Join the 75th Ranger Regiment
- Be a male (75th Regiment positions are not open to women)
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be on Active Duty and Volunteer for assignment
- Have a General Technical Score of 105 or higher
- A Physical Training score of 240 or above (80% on each event)
- No physical limitations (PULHES of 111221 or better)
- Qualify and volunteer for Airborne training
- A person of good character (no pending UCMJ action or drug or alcohol related incidents within 24 months)
- Must enlist into or currently hold a Military Occupational Specialty found in the 75th Ranger Regiment
- Able to attain at minimum a Secret clearance