Basic MARSOC/Force Recon Qualifications
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Score 105 or higher on the GT portion of the ASVAB.
Tip: Scoring high on the ASVAB is key to being able to join an elite team like the Marine Corps' Force Recon. It also makes a difference when it comes to enlistment bonuses and choosing your MOS. Visit our Ace the ASVAB section to learn how to make sure you qualify for the bonuses and career options you deserve.
- Possess a 1st class swimmer qualification.
- Obtain a first class score on the PFT.
- Have 20/200 near visual acuity or visual acuity not to exceed 20/400 with a completed PRK eye surgery. Normal color vision is recommended, but not required provided the Marine can complete a vivid red and vivid green recognition test.
- Complete Marine Rifleman Course.
- Assigned as a primary Military Occupational Specialty to entry-level Marines and obtain a manager-approved lateral-move.
- Marines who graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC).
- Volunteers from any MOS may be certified for AMOS only by Recon unit commanders after attending the SRC or through MOJT at a BRC endorsed unit-training program to include 6 months in an MOS 0321 billet.
- Be eligible for a secret security clearance.
- Be selected for and graduate from the Marine Special Operations School (MSOS).
Ready to Join the Military?
We can put you in touch with recruiters from the different military branches. Learn about the benefits of serving your country, paying for school, military career paths, and more: sign up now and hear from a recruiter near you