Called upon to perform the toughest duties in the armed forces, Special Operations Forces directly affect the protection of America's freedom.
Air Force Special Tactics
Learn More About Special Tactics
All future RECON students must attend BRC – BASIC RECON COURSE taught at the School of Infantry (SOI) West RECON Training Company in Camp Pendleton, CA. The Basic RECON Course consists of three phases:
Once you have qualified as a RECON Marine with the 0321 MOS, you will have the opportunity to attend many advanced training courses within the USMC as well as other service’s Special Operations Training Programs such as:
USMC Combatant Diver Course
USMC Scout Sniper
Navy Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape Training (SERE)
Army Airborne School / Jump Master Training
Army Military Freefall / Jump Master Training
Army Ranger School
Army Pathfinder Course
And many other SOCOM, Army and Navy Special Warfare Schools
RECON Battalions remained as part of the USMC Divisions and continue to perform missions for the deployed USMC commander. BRC is open to Marines and Navy Hospital Corpsman.
Once you complete your training, the following RECON commands will become your new home:
• 1st Recon Battalion, 1st Marine Division, Camp Pendleton.
• Force Recon Company, 1st Recon Battalion.
• Force Recon Company, 2nd Recon Battalion.
• 2nd Recon Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
• 3rd Recon Battalion, 3rd Marine Division, Okinawa, Japan.
• 4th Recon Battalion (reserve), San Antonio, TX.
• 3rd Force Recon Company (reserve), Mobile, AL.
• 4th Force Recon Company (reserve), Alameda, CA.
|Special Operations Forces Marine Force Recon|