TRICARE For Active Duty Members and Their Dependents
Active duty service members and their dependents (spouses and children registered in DEERS) are eligible for TRICARE. There are several TRICARE programs to choose from depending on your status and location. This page lists and describes the numerous benefits that active duty members and families are eligible for.
Active Duty Members
Active duty service members must enroll in one of the following TRICARE Prime plans based on their duty station:
- TRICARE Prime - TRICARE Prime is a managed care option available worldwide. TRICARE Prime offers fewer out-of-pocket costs than TRICARE Standard and Extra, but less freedom of choice for providers
- TRICARE Prime Remote - TRICARE Prime Remote provides healthcare coverage through civilian providers for those U.S. Uniformed Service Members, activated guard & reserve members, retirees, and families on remote assignment. You must live AND work more than 50 miles or approximately one hour's drive time from the nearest Military Treatment Facility. TRICARE Prime Remote is offered in the 50 United States only.
- TRICARE Prime Overseas - TRICARE Prime Overseas is similar to the TRICARE Prime program offered stateside, including cost-shares and deductibles. The program serves Active Duty members, activated reserve & guard members, and their command sponsored dependents.
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas - TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas is a TRICARE Prime option offered in designated remote overseas locations for active duty service members and their families. The program is similar to TRICARE Prime Overseas but you will receive most, if not all of your care from foreign providers.
Active duty members pay no enrollment fees for TRICARE Prime.
Dependents of Active Duty Members
Active duty dependents members can enroll in one of the Prime plans listed above, or they may qualify to use one of the following plans:
- TRICARE Extra - TRICARE Extra requires you to choose a network provider within the TRICARE network. It is a fee-for-service option that gives beneficiaries the opportunities to see TRICARE network provider.
- TRICARE Standard - TRICARE Standard provides the most flexibility to eligible beneficiaries. It is a fee-for-service option that gives beneficiaries the opportunities to see any TRICARE-authorized provider
- TRICARE Young Adult - TRICARE Young Adult is an option for unmarried, adult children who have "aged out" of regular TRICARE coverage.
- U.S. Family Health Plan - The U.S. Family Health Plan is available to eligible persons who live near selected civilian medical facilities on the East, West and Gulf coasts.
- TRICARE Active Duty Dental Program - The TRICARE Active Duty Dental Programs available for either active duty members who are referred for care by a military dental treatment facility to the civilian dental community or have a duty location and residence more than 50 miles from a military dental treatment facility.
- TRICARE Dental Program - The TRICARE Dental Plan is a voluntary dental insurance program. The dental benefit is available to eligible active duty family members, eligible National Guard and Reserve members and their family members
- TRICARE Pharmacy Program - The TRICARE Pharmacy Program provides the prescription drugs you need, when you need them, in a safe, easy, and cost-effective manner.
- TRICARE Vision Benefits - Some TRICARE programs offer free or reduced price eye examinations and corrective lenses.
|TRICARE Active Duty|