TRICARE for Retirees
Several TRICARE Plans are available to you and your family after you retire. Some TRICARE plans work in conjunction with MEDICARE while others serve to bridge the gap from when you leave the military to when you become eligible for MEDICARE.
TRICARE Health Plans
- TRICARE Retired Reserve - Retired Reserve Component members and their family members are eligible for the TRICARE Retired Reserve plan until they reach age 60.
- TRICARE For Life - Medicare does not provide coverage outside the United States or U.S. territories . Therefore, TRICARE For Life is your primary payer for health care received in all other overseas locations.
- MEDICARE - Medicare is Health Insurance for people 65 years of age and older, some people with disabilities under age 65, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant).
- TRICARE Retiree Dental Program - The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program is a voluntary dental benefits program with enrollee-paid premiums. It is available worldwide to Uniformed Service retirees and their family members.
- TRICARE Pharmacy Program - The TRICARE Pharmacy Program provides the prescription drugs you need, when you need them, in a safe, easy, and cost-effective manner.
- TRICARE Pharmacy Pilot Program - TRICARE has implemented a Pharmacy Pilot Program for all TRICARE For Life recipients living in the US and territories. This program requires you to to fill select maintenance medications via TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery or use a military pharmacy instead of using retail pharmacies.
- TRICARE Vision Benefits - Some TRICARE programs offer free or reduced price eye examinations and corrective lenses.
National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2016
- Military.com Network:
- About Military.com:
© 2015 Military Advantage