Military Lodging: Military Lodging Overview
Temporary, space-available lodging at military installations can offer great value and convenience when you're traveling. Remember that military lodging is also offered to all Reserve and National Guard members. This includes any "gray area" reserve and guard retirees who have "retired" but have not reached age 60 and are not yet receiving a retirement check.
This section will help you find temporary military lodging from all military services. The information is broken down by service branch for lodging on military installations.
You can find detailed information on installations in our Military Base Guide, including:
- Community data
- Medical and dental facilities data (valuable to know when traveling)
- Education and employment data
- Commonly-referenced phone numbers
- Commissary and exchange operations
- Transportation, government housing
- Other "must know" items specific to that installation
During your pre-trip planning, be sure to check out the Service Lodging and Dining Facilities for the Air Force, Army and Navy. This can be useful information to have on hand for each of the gateways and destinations you might visit along the way.
Also check out the Military Travel Discount Center for hot deals on commercial hotels and accommodations.