Veterans pursuing their educational goals are usually eligible for "educational assistance for students" in most states. Educational benefits for veterans and their dependents, particularly the children of deceased and disabled veterans, are also available in some states. Military.com has developed an on-line general summary of educational benefits for veterans and their dependents.
Check out your region for more information.
- Northeast States - Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont
- New York & Pennsylvania
- Mid Atlantic States - Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
- Southeast States - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee
- Ohio Valley - Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Midwest States - Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
- Central South - Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
- Rockies & Southwest - Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
- Northern Plains - Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Pacific States - Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
Keep Up With Your Education Benefits
Whether you need a guide on how to use your GI Bill, want to take advantage of tuition assistance and scholarships, or get the lowdown on education benefits available for your family, Military.com can help. Sign up for a free Military.com membership to have education tips and benefits updates delivered directly to your inbox.