Navy Credentialing Opportunities On Line - Navy COOL
COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line) helps Navy Service members find information on certifications and licenses related to their jobs. Use COOL to get background information on credentialing and find detailed information on:
- Credentials related to a Navy rating, collateral-duty/out of rate assignment, or designator
- Credential requirements and potential gaps between Navy training and civilian credentialing requirements
- Resources available to fill gaps between military training and civilian credentialing requirements
- How to get a COOL funded voucher to pay for credential exam and maintenance fees
Why Are Credentials Important?
For a Sailor, civilian credentials are important for two reasons:
The Navy has made them part of its workforce professionalization, so getting certified can help you in your Navy career while you're still in service.
When you transition back to civilian employment, credentials help you translate your military training and experience into something civilian employers can easily recognize. That can help you get hired, get a better job, or be promoted sooner!
Navy COOL helps Sailors find information on certifications and licenses related to their jobs and can even provide funding to pay for credential exams and maintenance fees.
Using the Navy COOL Website
The Navy COOL website allows sailors to get their credentials in four easy steps:
- Find & Select Related Credentials
Use the website's FIND feature to see how your Navy training and experience matches up with civilian credential requirements. It's easy to use and you can search in lots of different ways: by rating, designator, and collateral duties or out-of-rate assignments.
- Complete Voucher and Apply
Once you have selected a credential and confirmed your eligibility for that credential, you're ready to complete your voucher and apply for the credential you need.
- Get Credential
Navy COOL is not a credentialing organization. You do not sign up for or take exams from Navy COOL. Once you get a voucher, you will need to contact the credentialing organization or test vendor to schedule and take the exam, you can contact the vendors directly from the COOL website.
- Report Results to Navy COOL
Once you've taken the appropriate exams or have met requirements for recertification, you are ready to report your results to COOL and other agencies, whether you passed or failed. You should contact your personnel office for entry into your service record and also have your training entered into your Joint Service Transcript.
Military.com's Job Center
Military.com has a one-stop job center that allows you to:
- Search military-friendly jobs
- Translate your military skills to civilian skills that employers recognize
- Network with other veterans in similar career field or with similar interests
- Locate job fairs in your area
|Navy Veteran Jobs|