TRICARE Retired Reserve Overview
The TRICARE Retired Reserve program is a health insurance program for retired Reservists and Guard members and their families. The program is a premium-based insurance policy with deductibles and coverage limits. Retirees are eligible for the program until they reach age 60, when they will be disenrolled and will be eligible for other premium-free TRICARE programs as a retiree.
TRICARE Retired Reserve is minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
TRICARE Retired Reserve Eligibility
Eligible persons include:
- Retired Reserve members who are:
- Members of the retired Reserve of a Reserve Component who are qualified for non-regular retirement under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 1223
- Under age 60
- Not eligible for, or enrolled in, the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program
- Family members of qualified Retired Reserve members
- Survivors of retired Reserve members if:
- The sponsor was covered by TRICARE Retired Reserve when he or she died.
- They are immediate family members of the deceased sponsor (spouses cannot have remarried).
- TRICARE Retired Reserve coverage would begin before the date the deceased sponsor would have turned 60 years old.
Note: Survivor coverage is not affected by FEHB eligibility.
How to Enroll—Online Only
You can only enroll online because DMDC must verify your eligibility with your Common Access Card (CAC), you must also have a MyPay account and DoD Self-Service logon (DS Logon)
- Log in to the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application
- Follow the instructions to enroll
- Once you complete the application you must print, sign, and mail or FAX it, along with the first month's premium to the regional contractor covering your area
|North||Health Net Federal Services, LLC
TRICARE Retired Reserve Enrollment
P.O. Box 105402
Atlanta, GA 30348-5402
ATTN: PNC Bank
P.O. Box 105389
Atlanta, GA 30348-5389
|West||UnitedHealthcare Military & Veterans
TRICARE West Region Enrollment Department
P.O. Box 105492
Atlanta, GA 30348-5492
|Overseas||International SOS Assistance Inc.
TOP TRR Enrollments
P.O. Box 11689
Philadelphia, PA 19116
Find A Doctor
Once you enroll in the program you can choose from any TRICARE participating doctor you wish, but choosing one that is in-network is less expensive. If you choose a non-network provider it may cost you much more and you will have to pay the doctor at time of treatment, then file a claim with TRICARE to get reimbursed.
For more information about TRICARE Retired Reserve, including covered services and costs please visit our TRICARE Retired Reserve Coverage page.
|TRICARE Retired from Military Military Reserves|