Military.com has compiled a list of Veterans Day discounts on restaurants, goods, services and events for 2020. Click below to search for discounts by category. Visit daily as the list is updated frequently!
Popular Veterans Day Restaurant Discounts
- Dunkin' Donuts -- On November 11, veterans and active-duty military receive a free donut at participating locations. Offer available in-store only.
- Olive Garden -- On November 11, veterans and current members of the military who dine in get a free entrée from a special menu.
- Texas Roadhouse -- Texas Roadhouse will hand out dinner vouchers at the stores’ parking lots on November 11, from 11am to 2pm. Veterans and active-duty military can redeem their dinner vouchers when they choose in-store until June of next year.
Popular Veterans Day Retail Discounts
- Bed Bath & Beyond -- Veterans, active duty and spouses get 25% off their entire purchase November 11 through 14.
- Dollar General -- Veterans, active-duty military and their families get an 11% discount on in-store and online purchases on November 11.
- Food Lion -- Active-duty military, veterans and their families get a 10% discount on November 11. This offer is valid in-store only and not available through Food Lion To-Go pick up or delivery.
Popular Veterans Day Travel & Recreation Discounts
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum -- On November 11, active-duty and retired armed services members get free admission (including up to three immediate family members), and a 10% discount at Circa: The Museum Store and the Hatch Show Print retail store.
- Capital Wheel -- On November 11, active and retired service members ride free. Accompanying family members are eligible for the military discount. Onsite only.
- National WWI Museum and Memorial -- Admission is free for veterans and active-duty military personnel November 7 through 15.
All of the Veterans Day discounts featured by Military.com have been confirmed, either through press release or direct communication with the company.
Keep in mind that to access your Veterans Day discounts most businesses require proof of military service.
What identification do you need to prove that you're a veteran?
If you’re an active duty military member, reservist member of the National Guard or military retiree, the easiest way to access Veterans Day discounts is to use your military ID card.
For veterans who receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health benefits, the VA benefits photo ID card should serve as easy proof of veteran status at most businesses.
If you don’t have a VA benefits card, the VA can provide you with a Veterans ID Card. Rolled-out in 2017, the Veterans ID Card program allows all honorably discharged veterans to apply for online and receive by mail a card meant to function as proof of service. While not an official form of government ID, most businesses accept it as proof of service. Learn more about getting a Veterans ID Card.
Some states include veteran status on their state ID cards and drivers licenses, offering another ID card option for veterans looking to show businesses proof that they served.
And, if all else fails, most businesses will accept a copy of your DD-214 as proof of service.
Note: Not all franchise locations participate in their national chain's Veterans Day programs -- be sure to contact your nearest establishment to make sure they are participating.
Related: Veterans - experience the benefits of a VA Loan. Start your quote today.