The following is quick snapshot of the changes to federal student aid programs which are a result of recent legislative changes.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen,
- You must have a valid Social Security number,
- You must register (if you haven't already) with the Selective Service, if you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25,
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress (defined as having at least a 2.0 GPA and being on track to graduate within 150% of the normal timeframe) in college or career school, and
- You must show you're qualified to obtain a postsecondary education by:
- having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
- meeting other federally approved standards your state establishes; or
- completing a high school education in a home school setting approved under state law.