Student Aid Changes

Student Aid Tuition Assistance

The following is quick snapshot of the changes to federal student aid programs which are a result of recent legislative changes. 

  • You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen,
  • You must have a valid Social Security number,
  • You must register (if you haven't already) with the Selective Service, if you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25,
  • You must maintain satisfactory academic progress (defined as having at least a 2.0 GPA and being on track to graduate within 150% of the normal timeframe) in college or career school, and
  • You must show you're qualified to obtain a postsecondary education by:
    • having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
    • meeting other federally approved standards your state establishes; or
    • completing a high school education in a home school setting approved under state law.
Show Full Article

Related Topics

Student Aid Education