Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com.
Marines Engaged in Direct Gunfights with ISIS in Syria, Commander Says
U.S. Marines, attached to special operations forces in Syria, often found themselves in direct-fire gunfights with Islamic State fighters earlier this year, according to the commander of the Special-Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force-Crisis Response for Central Command.
By Matthew Cox | Read more
Trump Signs $55 Billion Bill to Replace VA Choice Program
President Donald Trump signed a landmark bill Wednesday to replace the troubled Veterans Choice Program and expand private health care options amid a fight between the White House and Congress over how to pay for it.
By Richard Sisk | Read more
Fort Bragg Army Spouse Faces Deportation
A U.S. Army spouse is awaiting possible deportation at a Georgia holding facility after being detained as an illegal immigrant following a routine traffic stop near Fort Bragg, North Carolina, late last month.
By Amy Bushatz | Read more
Most Read in Army
- Cadet Who Made West Point History Is Among 'College Women of the Year'
- Fort Bragg Soldier Killed in Somalia Attack
Most Read in Navy
- US Navy Confirms Mediterranean Rescue Operation
- Pearl Harbor Navy Officer Had 'Rebreather' on During Fatal Dive
Most Read in Air Force
- Air Force in High-Stakes Debate Over HIV-Prevention Drug for Pilots
- Air Force Grounds Entire B-1 Bomber Fleet Over Ejection Seat Concerns
Most Read in Marine Corps
Most Read in Technology
- AFSOC's U-28 Proves Its Value in ISR Mission
- Army Spends $50 Million to Build Autonomous Supply Convoys
Most Read in Gear and Fitness
Most Read in Business
- House Wants to Consider Extending Life of Oldest Aircraft Carrier
- This Heavy-Duty 'Milk Stool' May Save the Air Force Millions
Most Read in Spouse and Family
- Free LinkedIn Premium Upgrade Coming for Military Spouses
- The US Won't Admit Just How Badly It Poisoned Military Base Water
Most Read in Entertainment
Most Read in Pay and Benefits
- Travelers Must Now Prove Govt Quarters Unavailable When Filing Travel Claims
- Thousands of Civil Service Guard and Reservists Due Back Pay
Most Read in Veterans
- Terminally Ill Army Veteran to Visit Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Veterans: Get Over the Anti-Honeymoon Period