Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com.
Navy Fires Commanding Officer of Amphibious Warship
The Navy fired the commanding officer of the USS Harpers Ferry (LSD 49) on Thursday, the fourth senior officer from San Diego-based amphibious warships to be relieved of duty over the past year.
By Carl Prine, the San Diego Union-Tribune | Read more
New Niger Ambush Video: US Survivors Left Messages for Loved Ones
They were pinned down in a wooded area next to a swamp last Oct. 4 in Niger, expecting to be overrun. They had destroyed their radios to prevent their capture by the enemy, and left final messages for loved ones on personal devices.
By Richard Sisk | Read more
Famed Mini-Sub's Control Room Acquired by Naval Museum
The U.S. Naval Undersea Museum at Keyport has a new addition to its archives -- the salvaged control room of the one-of-a-kind miniature submersible, NR-1.
By Julianne Stanford, The Associated Press | Read more
Most Read in Army
- New Army Basic Training Promises More Ammo, Range Time for Trainees
- New Info Out on Purchasing Army Surplus 1911 .45s
Most Read in Navy
- Navy Embedding Mental Health Teams with Submarine Squadrons
- Seasoned Female Officer Will Command Newest Littoral Combat Ship
Most Read in Air Force
- Air Force Base Searches for Missing Machine Gun After Losing Grenades
- Air Force Apologizes for Tweet Linking Deadly Battle to Internet Meme
Most Read in Marine Corps
- Marines Make Changes After Data of 164,000 People Lost on Okinawa
- One of the Marine Corps' Most Iconic Enlisted Leaders Just Retired
Most Read in Technology
- Proposed Cannon Would Turn the B-1 Bomber into a Gunship
- Social Media Photos Raise Questions About B-1 Emergency Landing
Most Read in Gear and Fitness
- No Secret Message in New Uniform Announcement, Air Force Says
- Soldiers Take Top Honors at Marine Scout Sniper Course
Most Read in Business
- Air Force Creates Office to Help It Shake Up Acquisition Process
- For B-1s and B-2s, Fending Off Retirement in Reserves Would Be Pricey
Most Read in Spouse and Family
Most Read in Entertainment
- Florida High School Tells Student to Ditch the Dress Blues at Graduation
- D.C. Readers: Don't Miss the Poppy Memorial This Weekend
Most Read in Pay and Benefits
- New Program Provides Free Pilot Training For Veterans
- Free Email Course Available to Help Get Your Finances in Shape
Most Read in Veterans
- House Passes Major Overhaul of Veterans Choice Program
- 6 Mistakes Veterans Make on LinkedIn. How Many Are You Making?