The Military.com Trivia Challenge
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The following Promotion is only intended for participants in the United States and US military members living abroad and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States.
Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Military.com Trivia Challenge (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater at the time of entry. Promotion is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. This Promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entrant must have Internet access in order to enter the Promotion. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant’s entry. Employees of Military Advantage, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and members of the immediate family or household of each, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family member is defined as a parent, sibling or any person residing in same household as employee.
ENTRY: Promotion begins on September 1, 2016 at 12:00:00 a.m. PT and ends on September 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT ("Promotion Period"). This promotion is open to new and existing members of Military.com. To register for a free Military.com account, go to www.Military.com and follow the instructions to become a Military.com member and create an account (“Account”). Once registered for an Account, to enter the Promotion: (i) visit Military.com and log into your free Military.com account; (ii) click the link to “Trivia,” which is found on the Military.com homepage under the “Home” menu; (iii) follow the prompts and answer at least one trivia question (the “Trivial Question”) correctly. Three (3) new Trivia Questions will be added each day during the Promotion Period at 12:00 a.m. PT. NOTE: A participant must answer a Trivia Question correctly to receive an entry. Limit 3 entries per person, per day during the Promotion Period.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due mail, or mutilated entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may reject any entry it believes is the result of fraud or were submitted in violation of the official rules.
2. PRIZES/ODDS: There is one prize to be awarded in this Promotion: an Apple iPod Shuffle, valued at $50.00. Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes is $50.00. Prizes are not transferable, except at discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND from Sponsor express or implied, without limitation. ALL EXPENSES, TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF PRIZES NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNERS.
3. DRAWING: A random drawing will take place on or about October 1, 2016, and the potential winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email, telephone, overnight carrier or regular mail within approximately ten (10) days of the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner after reasonable effort, or if the potential winner fails to respond within three days of first attempted notification, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
5. PUBLICITY: By accepting a prize, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies, the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), e-mail address, voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor and its products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), email address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to submissions and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
6. INTERNET: If, for any reason, the Internet portion of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of termination, random drawings to award the prizes will be conducted from entries received up until the time of termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. INDIVIDUAL ENTRIES ONLY: Every entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, or bot) will be disqualified and transmissions from any related e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked. Sponsor may reject any entry it believes is the result of fraud or were submitted in violation of the official rules.
8. RECEIVING E-MAIL MARKETING: By submitting a complete entry, you will have made e-mail marketing preferences noted to Sponsor, and will receive e-mail in accordance with these preferences including offers. Upon receipt of any e-mail, you may opt out of receiving future e-mails, and you will remain eligible to win the prize.
9. DISPUTES: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name and state of residence of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by October 1, 2016 to “The Military.com Trivia Challenge” Winners List Request, Attn: B. Geddes, 55 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105.
11. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Promotion is Military Advantage, Inc., 55 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Military Advantage, Inc. is a Monster company, 133 Boston Post Road, Weston, MA 02493. iPOD is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Apple is not a sponsor of, nor a participant in this promotion.