19 Things Must Have Parents Never Say
Must-Have Parents are a breed apart. We have our own way of doing things. What's normal for us might seem unusual to conventional parents, and what's normal for them probably seems a little strange to us. With that in mind, here are 19 conventional sentences that you probably won't hear a MHP saying:
19. "You're going to be in big trouble when your father gets home!”
18. "Our life is so predictable and monotonous. Every day is like Groundhog Day."
17. "Drinking at home alone after the kids are in bed is kind of pathetic. I would never do that."
16. "I didn't know you could order pizza from an app on your phone! It's been so long since I ordered a pizza."
15. "There's no way I could figure out how to [insert complicated household or vehicle repair here] on my own. I'll just wait until my spouse gets home."
14. "I have no idea what my husband's/wife's Social Security Number is."
13. "We always go to see his family on Christmas and mine on Thanksgiving. It just wouldn't feel like the holidays if we did anything different."
12. "I just wish my husband would take up a hobby, like golf or hunting or something. He's driving me crazy always hanging around the house!”
11. I can't remember the last time I had the whole bed to myself."
10. "We always have dinner at the same time every night, like clockwork."
9. "A girls' weekend? Count me in! In fact, let's book everything four months in advance so that we can get the best rates!"
8. "My husband always does baths and bedtime stories while I do the dishes. I don't know what I'd do without him.”
7. "I never make a major decision without first talking with my spouse."
6. "Oh, just skip over that homework problem. Your dad/mom can help you with that one when he/she gets home.”
5. "We definitely want to go with you, I just need to check with my spouse first to make sure he/she hasn't made other plans for us on that night."
4. "I crave some time to just be alone with my kids. I'd really love to spend more time getting to know their little personalities."
3. "Team mom/dad? Heck, yeah! What an honor! Sign me up!"
2. "I just don't think cut up hot dogs mixed with mac and cheese really counts as a ‘family dinner'."
1. "I would never forge my husband's signature on a legal document."
|Rebekah Sanderlin Military Parenting|