Conserve Energy, Save for the Future
October is Energy Awareness Month. Here are some energy conservation tips:
(1) Make sure furniture, drapes, etc., do not obstruct air registers, grilles or diffusers.
(2) In winter, keep drapes and blinds open during daylight hours to let sunlight in.
(3) Hot-water temperatures should not exceed 110 degrees F at the point of use -- use cold water when you can.
(4) Reduce use of overhead lighting.
(5) Turn off vehicle engines when vehicles are parked.
(6) Turn off office equipment at the end of each workday.
(7) Maximize the use of timers, motion sensors and photocells.