Veterans Support Programs
Veterans have several programs designed to help them achieve their education and career goals. One of the first places you can turn to is the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VA does more than just cover your expenses through the GI Bill, VA also has education support programs to help you achieve success through training and non-traditional education support.
Select any of the following links to learn more about veteran education support programs offered by the VA and other support programs organizations:
- Credit-by-Examination Program – Exams that are worth college credit.
- Free or Reduced Price ACT & SAT Study Guides - The ACT & SAT can help you get into the school you want to.
- Free GRE & GMAT Study Guides - These tests help you get into graduate school
- Military Evaluations Program – College Credit for military service.
- Proud to Serve Again - Troops to Teachers helps veterans begin a new careers as public school teachers where their skills and experience can be used
- Tutorial Assistance - A VA educational assistance program which provides extra assistance in completing difficult courses.
- Work Study – A VA program to help veterans earn extra cash while going to school.
- Apprenticeship and On-The-Job Training – An underused program to help supplement your income while in special job training programs.
- Veteran's Upward Bound – A support program to help veterans sharpen their academic skills.
- Licensing and Certification – VA help pay for certain professional exams or certifications necessary for a job.
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment - Helps veterans with service-connected disabilities and employment handicaps prepare for, find, and keep suitable job
- State Veterans Benefits - Many states offer programs including free college, job placement, hiring preference, and credit for military experience.
|College Level Examination Program Education|
Sound Off...What do you think? Join the discussion...