Military.com Discounts - Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about how to find or redeem a discount? Here are some Frequently Asked Question regarding our Discounts Channel:
Adding / Uploading Coupons
- I want to share a deal. How can I upload a coupon to Military.com?
- What is the difference between a coupon code and a printable coupon?
- What does "Valid Military ID required" mean? What is a valid military ID?
Searching for and Redeeming Coupons
- Do I have to be a Military.com member to access discounts?
- I can't find a coupon for [Merchant or Brand]. Help!
- I bookmarked a coupon, and now I can't find it. Where did it go?
- How do I use a coupon code
- What if there is no coupon code?
Adding / Uploading Coupons to Military.com
1. I want to share a discount. How can I upload a discount to Military.com?
Currently, we are accepting military discounts via email. In order for us to include your discount, we will need the following information:
- Headline for your Discount (50 character max)
- Description of your Discount (3 paragraphs max)
- Is a valid military ID required?
- Which demographic (i.e., military status) is the discount available to? Currently, the various status include Active Duty, Retirees, Veterans, Reserve/National Guard or Military Dependents. You may select as many as you like.
- Is there a start and/or expiration date?
- How can an individual obtain the discount? Do they have to stop by in person, can they shop online, or can they select either option? Please provide either a link on the site or a .pdf/image (with the company logo) that users can review to confirm the discount. This must be provided to include the discount.
- Which category(ies) does the discount belong to? You must provide at least one that is showing up in our Category page. However, we are always expanding our category listings. Please let us know if your discount can belong in a different category, and we will consider your request based on need and demand.
- Please include your name and any contact information in the event we need to follow up with you.
- If you would like to attach a logo, please make sure the image has a 3:2 (width:height) ratio in the highest number of pixels you can provide.
Please forward all of this information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and reach out to you if there is an issue.
Do you have a local discount?
One of the biggest requests from our members has been the inclusion of local discounts to the Discounts channel. Unfortunately, we are not able to include all local discounts to the Discounts channel at this time. However, we’ve developed a new pilot program where we will include local discounts in the following markets:
- Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Jacksonville, Florida
- San Antonio, Texas
- San Diego, California
We will only accept In-Store local discounts, and you must provide all of the requested information by emailing us at email@example.com for consideration.
For all other local discounts, please go to our ‘Base Guide’ product, which is another forum for military members to connect with each other locally. Go to Base Guides and select the installation(s) that interest you. Each installation will have a ‘Discounts and Freebies’ link within the ‘Base Talk’ section. Please feel free to add your discount here. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to include all local discounts on our Discounts channel very soon.
Are you a veteran or military spouse-owned business? We thank you for all you do and welcome you to include your discount on our site. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information listed above.
2. What is the difference between a coupon code and a printable coupon?
Coupons codes are for online purchases and printable coupons are for in-store purchases.
A coupon or promotional code is a series of numbers and letters the consumer enters when making an online purchase. As previously mentioned, the discount will clearly indicate there is a code associated with the discount. You’ll be able to copy the code before you shop. The code then subtracts the stated discount on the item.
A printable coupon is much like the ones found in Sunday newspapers, except they can be downloaded and printed at home. If the discount has a printable coupon, it will clearly ask you to ‘Print Coupon.’ You will have the opportunity to open and review the coupon before you print.
3. What does "Valid Military ID required" mean? What is a valid military ID?
Almost all of our discounts require the user to show proof that they are a member of the DoD, Armed Services, or dependent. A valid Military ID is an identity document issued by the United States Department of Defense to identify a person as a member of the Armed Forces or a member's dependent, such as a child or spouse. The primary types of U.S. military ID cards being issued today are the CAC (for active duty members of the military), the DD Form 2, and Department of Defense Form 1173, for retirees and dependents. The DD Form 2 is commonly mistaken with the DD 1173 (as they are similar in appearance), however they are two separate forms. The DD Form 2 form number is appended with one of five codes to denote branch of service (A, AF, N, MC, or CG).
You may be asked to subscribe or 'opt' into a free membership with a third party in order to obtain each discount. Here at Military.com, our member's privacy and personal infomation is of absolute importance to us. Our main purpose is to compile and provide in one place the best military discounts available today as a member benefit. As is mentioned on each discount, we have done our best to ensure accuracy of each discount, but are not liable for the availability of any discounts provided by a third party. The third party provides their individual verification of military status, not Military.com. Therefore, please be sure to read all fine print and make sure you are comfortable providing any personal information to a third party before obtaining the discount.
Searching for and Redeeming Discounts
1. Do I have to be a Military.com member to access discounts?
Yes. You must be a Military.com member to view and redeem any discount pages. While all other content (i.e., articles, category and merchant page) are open to individuals, Military.com believes that providing specific discount information in one place is a member benefit that should only become available to our Military.com members. These great deals and discounts are just some of the many advantages to becoming a Military.com member.
2. I can't find a discount for [Merchant or Brand]. Help!
If you are searching for a coupon for a specific store or brand, and you cannot find it using the search bar, you can also try to look up the store or brand using our Merchants page. Additionally, you may search our Categories page.
Know of a military discount, and you would like us to include it? Email us!
3. I bookmarked a coupon, and now I can't find it. Where did it go?
If a coupon has an expiration date, or has been flagged as spam, broken, or not a real discount, the coupon will be removed from our site. Generally speaking, thes are the only reasons a coupon will be removed.
However, it is possible that our current update to the Discounts channel has redirected you elsewhere. Please note that the discounts now shown on the Discounts channel are military-centric discounts, so we may no longer display the type of discount you bookmarked. We may have also redirected you to a more generic page that is not as relevant to the discount. We have a complete listing of all of our discounts either by merchant or by category. If we have kept the discount, you will be able to find it by either source.
4. How do I use a Coupon Code?
Some online coupons require the use of a coupon code. A coupon code is a short string of letters and/or numbers that you must enter into the store site in order to receive the associated discount. Typically you enter the coupon code on the shopping cart page, or as one of the steps in the check out process.It is easy to make typos or confuse letters and numbers, such as the letter O and the number 0, or the letter I and the number 1. Each discount clearly indicates whether or not a coupon code is needed. You will have the opportunity to ‘copy’ the code before clicking on the ‘Redeem Online’ strip right below the code that takes you to the merchant’s website for shopping.
5. What if there is no Coupon Code?
Many discount offers do not have a coupon code associated with them. The majority of our discounts will only be available for ‘In-Store’ purchase, where you will need to show a valid military ID. For other online discounts, there is often a special link, and simply clicking on the ‘Redeem Online’ strip is all that is necessary to receive the discount. Sometimes you are taken to a landing page that describes the discount you will receive, with further instructions on how to redeem the discount online. Other times, the link will register your online coupon, but you will not see the discount until you add the item(s) to your shopping cart and then view the shopping cart. We hope to make the process as simple as possible so you’re not clicking on multiple links to start shopping.
We will be sure to update this FAQ article as features and functionalities become available. If you have any concerns or issues, please let us know.