Navy ROTC Service Obligation
The following are the Military Service Obligations (For NROTC scholarship recipients):
- On graduation, NROTC Scholarship midshipmen are Commissioned as Ensigns in the Naval Reserve or Second Lieutenants in the Marine Corps Reserve.
- Military service obligation of eight years in unrestricted line (surface, submarine, aviation), at least four of which must be active duty.
- Midshipmen disenrolled from NROTC Scholarship Program for reasons beyond their control will normally be discharged without penalty.
- Minimum of two years active enlisted service or recoupment of all tuition dollars paid may be required for midshipmen who disenroll or are disenrolled from NROTC Scholarship Program for academic or personal reasons after the first day of their sophomore year.
- If disenrolled, personnel who were originally on active duty and were released early to accept NROTC Scholarships must complete their original enlisted contracts
Full information concerning the NROTC Scholarship Program is available from any of the colleges and universities with NROTC units or from Navy and Marine Corps recruiters. A list of colleges and universities is available on this website at the Colleges and Universities page.
Navy ROTC Related Topics
- Applying For NROTC
- NROTC Eligibility
- Academic Requirements
- Military Service Obligations
- NROTC Scholarships
- NROTC Nurse Program
- NROTC Summer Training
- Navy Officer Career Paths