Navy ROTC Summer Training
Much of a midshipmen's professional training during their four-year curriculum is received during summer training.
- Navy summer training includes Career Orientation and Training for Midshipmen (CORTRAMID) for midshipmen third class and Atlantic/Pacific Training of Midshipmen (LANTRAMID/PACTRAMID) for midshipmen second and first class.
- Midshipmen must ultimately make decisions as to which warfare area they will request to be commissioned into; CORTRAMID and the various summer training programs are designed to instill awareness of these areas and provide midshipmen with the background necessary to make informed decisions regarding their career choice.
- Possible Summer Training Assignments
- Nuclear Power: Midshipmen can be assigned to nuclear submarine or nuclear surface vessels
- Marine Corps 6-Week Course: First class Marine Option midshipmen are assigned to Marine units for summer training
- CORTRAMID: NROTC second and third class scholarship midshipmen assigned to this training. Training consists of surface, submarine, aviation, and Marine Corps Orientation
- Afloat Aviation Option: Selected midshipmen train aboard a carrier; training includes flight time on navy aircraft if feasible
- Ashore Aviation Option: Selected midshipmen train with a Navy aviation squadron, including flight time if feasible
- Foreign Exchange Training of Midshipmen (FOREXTRAMID) and Japanese Maritime Self-defense Force (JMSDF) Exchanges: Selected midshipmen train with Navies of other countries
- Advance Pay:
- NROTC scholarship/college program midshipmen authorized advance cruise pay
- Navy provides 80% advance payment to all midshipmen prior to commencement of their proposed training
- Precruise Brief: NROTC units conduct an extensive precruise brief to prepare midshipmen for summer training
ROTC Related Topics
- Military.com Network:
- About Military.com:
© 2013 Military Advantage
A Monster Company.