Air Force ROTC Overview
The Air Force ROTC is a challenge. An opportunity. A head-start on a lifetime of success, within the Air Force and in everything you choose to do. The Air Force ROTC is a college program offered at over 1000 colleges and universities across the U.S. that prepares you to become an Air Force officer.
In other words the Air Force ROTC is:
- The opportunity to get the money you need for college
- Making the most out of your college experience and your life
- The chance to earn a college degree while working toward becoming an officer in the United States Air Force
- The chance to experience once-in-a-lifetime opportunities
But know it won’t be easy. Air Force ROTC provides you with a challenging program to hone your time management, physical fitness and analytical skills – and helps you push yourself to achieve your goals. But for those who are up to the challenge, the rewards of being an Air Force Officer last a lifetime.
Air Force ROTC prepares you to become an Air Force officer. And being an officer in the Air Force carries a high level of responsibility, accountability and professionalism. If you can make it in Air Force ROTC and the Air Force, you can make it anywhere in life.
With ROTC you can get a degree in the field of your choice and the education and experience you need to succeed. The leadership and management experience that you'll gain, combined with a degree, is sure to prepare you for a promising future in either the Air Force or the business world. And when you graduate from ROTC, you’ll dive right into a management-level position within the Air Force, well ahead of your non-ROTC college peers.
An Air Force ROTC graduate is a confident leader with a brilliant future and a guaranteed career. In addition ROTC offers college scholarships. Beyond that, the benefits of Air Force ROTC are priceless.
The opportunity to experience a normal college life:
- Take part in experiences that you'll remember for a lifetime.
- Grow as an individual and gain a sense of belonging with a group of peers who share common interests.
- Develop a healthy and fit lifestyle.
- Visit Air Force bases in the United States and overseas (and get paid for it).
- Travel free on space-available military flights as a contracted cadet.
- Take part in extreme Air Force summer adventures.
The opportunity to focus on school:
- Take the classes you want at the college you want to attend – Air Force ROTC classes complement your academic major.
- Get college credit for Air Force ROTC courses.
- College tuition partially or fully paid for: 2-, 3- or 4-year scholarships that pay tuition, fees and books.
- Get extra spending money: $250 to $400 nontaxable monthly allowance while in school.
- Learn new organizational skills to help you succeed in other classes.
- Get the opportunity to delay active-duty entry to pursue a graduate degree
The opportunity to manage your future:
- Get management experience you'll use as an Air Force officer or in corporate America.
- Secure a management level job in over 150 officer career paths after graduation.
- Become part of a post graduation network of graduates in the military and commercial world.
- Develop managerial skills through hands-on practice running the cadet corps.
- Hone your teamwork skills through group problem-solving exercises.
Air Force ROTC Related Topics
- Joining Air Force ROTC
- Air Force ROTC Programs
- Air Force ROTC Professional Programs
- Air Force ROTC Scholarships
- Air Force ROTC Curriculum and Summer Programs
- Becoming An Air Force Officer
- Air Force Career Paths
- Officer Assignments