Easter Basket for the Troops
Hippity-hoppity Easter is on its way! To gear up for this fun holiday I've gathered some fun and playful ideas for you to remind your soldier that spring has sprung! Hoppy packing!
- Picture of you, your kids, or your dogs with Easter bunny
- Pictures of past Easter celebrations
- Hidden Easter egg puzzle/maze
- Easter trivia (download some off Google)
- Easter drawings or crafts by your children
- Easter basket
- Line the box with green plastic grass or basket filler
- Plastic Eggs (filled with candy or love notes)
- Stuffed baby duck or bunny rabbit
- Easter window clings
- Easter confetti
- "Happy Easter" banner
- Pastel colored balloons
- Pocket bible (if your soldier is religious)
- Homemade sugar cookies shaped like Easter eggs
- Pastel M&Ms
- Jelly beans
- Reese's egg
- Cadbury crème eggs
- Pickled eggs
- Easter "canned" ham
- Fixin's for Easter dinner – instant potatoes, canned pineapple, canned yams, rolls, etc.
- Easter egg coloring kit – the kind that need water only (no vinegar) – if they're close to a chow hall they will boil them up some eggs
- Ready-to-Grow plant (it is spring, after all!)
- Pastel colored silly string
- Silly putty (egg shaped)
- Easter coloring pages
- Easter movies – "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown", "Here Comes Peter Cottontail"
Another great idea is to theme an Easter basket towards something your soldier loves and send it on its own. This allows the baskets to be personalized. Some examples include: a sports basket – baseball cards, sports magazines, ball game snacks, etc. or a gamers basket - a game for their favorite gaming system, cards and dice, and game night snacks.