Marines Using TA Have New Requirement


Marines wishing to use tuition assistance for the first time are now required to complete the online Higher Education Prep (HEP) course prior to using their tuition assistance benefit. 

According to MARADMIN 040/16 completion of the online HEP course satisfies the requirement for College 101, which all Marines using tuition assistance were previously required to complete.

Effective January 1, 2016 all first-time tuition assistance users must complete the online course and provide a copy of the course completion certificate to their Education Service Officer. Installations are no longer required to conduct College 101 classes

The online HEP course can be accessed via Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) at The course number is HEP-US001. 

Marine Corps Tuition Assistance (TA) offers financial assistance to service members who elect to pursue Off-Duty or Voluntary Education and may be used as an alternative to or in conjunction with the GI Bill.

See our Marine Corps Tuition Assistance page for more details.

Show Full Article

Related Topics