The Marine Corps offers several programs to support your education goals including 100% Tuition Assistance for college courses taken during off-duty hours.
Marine Corps Tuition Assistance (TA) offers financial assistance to service members who elect to pursue Off-Duty or Voluntary Education.
The Marine Corps maximum amount paid for tuition assistance: 100% Tuition and Fees
Not to exceed:
- $250 @ Semester Credit Hour, or
- $166 @ Quarter Credit Hour, and
- $4500 @ Fiscal Year
- First-time students must complete a TA Orientation Class PRIOR to using TA.
- Marines at remote sites (non-Marine Corps installations) may access the course by clicking on the TA Orientation link below. All others: Please proceed to your local base Lifelong Learning or Education Office.
- Marines must apply for and receive written authorization for TA through the appropriate education office, PRIOR to enrollment. Use form NETPDTC 1560.
- TA for remote Marines and those assigned to other service sites is processed at Camp Lejeune for those east of the Mississippi and Camp Pendleton for those west of the Mississippi. I-I duty Marines apply through MARFORRES, New Orleans. Recruiters apply via their recruiting district or region headquarters.
TA Orientation (Word format) (PDF format) (Zipped file). To save to disk, right click and select "Save Target As." When you have completed the orientation please fill out and print the certification form using the link below. Certification Form
The Fine Print
- Once a Marine is enrolled with TA he or she must submit a degree plan before exceeding 12 semester hours.
TA will fund up to 100% of institution charges for tuition, instructional fees, laboratory fees, computer fees and mandatory enrollment fees combined for postsecondary education, from vocational certification through graduate study.
- TA is not authorized for books.
- TA is not authorized for courses leading to a lateral or lower level degree than you already possess (i.e. second Associate's or Bachelor's degree).
- Officers using TA agree to remain on active duty for two (2) years following the completion of the TA funded course.