Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com.
Thunderbirds Commander Fired for 'Loss of Confidence'
The commander of the Air Force Thunderbirds has been relieved of command due to loss of confidence in his leadership, the service announced.
By Oriana Pawlyk | Read more
Pentagon Can't -- or Won't -- Say How Many Troops Are at War
The Pentagon just can't or won't say how many troops are deployed to Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.
By Richard Sisk | Read more
Army Expected to Sell Off Thousands of Surplus 1911 Pistols
The U.S. Army is expected to transfer upward of 8,000 surplus M1911 pistols for civilian sale in fiscal 2018.
By Brendan McGarry | Read more
Most Read in Army
- Report: Sen. Franken Groped Army Veteran During USO Tour
- Army Probes Criticism of Green Beret Training
Most Read in Navy
- Navy Cutting Maintenance, Cannibalizing Planes Amid Readiness Crisis
- Retired Admiral Latest to Face Censure in Fat Leonard Scandal
Most Read in Air Force
- Air Force Academy Informants Are at Center of Child Porn Case
- Navy Unveils Blue Angels-Inspired Uniforms for Army-Navy Game
Most Read in Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Wants 'Toxic Leadership Test' to Aid Promotion Decisions
- Marine Colonel Who Retired in Disgrace Faces New Felony Charges
Most Read in Technology
- Air Force Eyes Next-Gen Electronic Warfare
- MQ-9 Reapers Heading to Florida as Air Force Expands Drone Fleet
Most Read in Gear and Fitness
Most Read in Business
- Space Corps Crashes to Earth in Negotiated Defense Bill
- Report: Cost of Post-9/11 Wars To Taxpayers $23K Apiece
Most Read in Spouse and Family
- Touching Gender Reveal Held for Spouse of Sailor Killed in Crash
- Why Net-Neutrality Should Matter to Military Families
Most Read in Entertainment
Most Read in Pay and Benefits
Most Read in Veterans
- Jim Nabors, TV's Favorite Marine, Dies at 87
- Woman Raising Funds to Help Homeless Veteran Who Rescued Her