100k Jobs Mission Profile: Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 116,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin is led by Marillyn A. Hewson, Chief Executive Officer and President.
Customer Base: As a global security, aerospace, and information technology company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. federal government agencies. In fact, Lockheed Martin is the largest provider of IT services, systems integration, and training to the U.S. Government. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and some commercial sales of their products, services and platforms.
Organization: Lockheed Martin's operating units are organized into broad business areas.
- Aeronautics, with approximately $14.9 billion in 2012 sales which includes tactical aircraft, airlift, and aeronautical research and development lines of business.
- Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS), with approximately $8.8 billion in 2012 sales that includes C4I, federal services, government and commercial IT solutions.
- Missiles and Fire Control, with approximately $7.4 billion in 2012 sales that includes the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, Joint Light Tactical Vehicle, PAC-3 Missiles as some of its high-profile programs.
- Mission Systems and Training with approximately $7.5 billion in 2012 sales, which includes naval systems, platform integration, simulation and training and energy programs lines of business.
- Space Systems, with approximately $8.3 billion in 2012 sales which includes space launch, commercial satellites, government satellites, and strategic missiles lines of business.
- 2012 Sales: $47.2 Billion
- Backlog: $82.3 Billion
- Cash Flow from Operations: > $4 billion
- Stock Ticker Symbol: LMT, on the New York Stock Exchange. Ranked 58th on the 2012 Fortune 500 list of largest industrial corporations
(All amounts approximate)
Military Recruiting Programs:
Lockheed Martin has a long-standing commitment to successful job transitions for America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing to the security of our nation after their military service.
There are several reasons for this, including the work we do...and the caliber of opportunities we offer.
Proven experience in all facets of military career transitioning.
- Military Relations Managers for you to connect with
- Regular attendance at military bases and transitioning military job fairs
- Partnerships with on-base transition centers
- Relationships with service academies and academy alumni online forums
- Attendance at and sponsorships of Service Academy Career Conferences
- Partnering with DoD-sponsored "Hiring for Heroes" events at bases throughout the country
- Targeted outreach to "Wounded Warriors"
|Veteran Friendly Employers|