Most Popular Veteran Benefits Articles

Quick Start Program

Womack Army Medical Center

Introducing's new Transition app. Our new app gives you a personalized transition plan, tells you what to expect while transitioning, and even helps you find a job. The app is customizable for all Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, and spouses. Download it today from Google Play or iTunes.

The Quick Start program allows a Servicemember to submit a claim for disability compensation if they have less than 60 days until their separation date. Submitting your disability compensation claim before discharge makes it possible to receive VA disability benefits as soon as possible after separation.

How It Works

If you have less than 60 days before you are due to be discharged from active duty you can apply for the Quick-Start Program by contacting your Transition Assistance Office or ACAP Program Office (Army only) and telling them you with to apply for the program. You will be scheduled for your outprocessing physicals and a VA benefits briefing where you will learn how to initiate and submit your claim. After all the results of your outprocessing physicals are available you should submit them with your claim to the VA. As always, the fastest way to apply is online using the VA's eBenefits system

Who Can Apply

If you have a known separation date that is within 60 days, and are located stateside and at select locations OCONUS you can apply for the Quick-Start Program.

The intake processing sites OCONUS are:

  • Landstuhl, Germany Regional Medical Center - for servicemembers located in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
  • Yongsan, Camp Casey, and Osan AFB in Korea

Servicemembers should contact their local Transition Assistance Office, ACAP Program Office, or Airman and Family Readiness Center for assistance. 

Related Topics

Transition Veteran Programs Medical Disabilites

Military News App by

Download the new News App for Android on Google Play or for Apple devices on iTunes!

Featured VA Loan Articles