2016 Military Pay Charts
August 31 Update: President Obama has sent a letter to Congress repeating his support for a 1.6% military pay increase for 2017. In it he states "This decision is consistent with my fiscal year 2017 Budget and it will not materially affect the Federal Government's ability to attract and retain well-qualified members for the uniformed services."
Now available: The Military Pay App. Military.com has launched a new app that allows you instantaneous access to information about your pay and allowances from your mobile device. Get the free app for Android or iOS.
The 2016 monthly pay rates were effective January 1, 2016. This pay increase was reflected in the January 15 paycheck.
Prior Pay Charts:
-- Historical Pay Charts Dating Back to 1949
Factors That Affect Military Pay
- The Annual Pay Raise
- Longevity raises virtually every 2 years (based on the number of years in service)
- Number of Drill Periods (Guard and Reserve Only)
- Basic Allowance for Housing Increases: BAH (based on location).
- Basic Allowance for Subsistence Increases: BAS
- Cost of Living Allowance Increases: COLA (based on location).
- And Special Pay(s) (based on occupations: Language Skills, Combat, Flight, Hazardous Duty).
|Pay Charts Military Pay Military Pay Calculator Military Benefits|