The President signed the NDAA for FY2013 which includes a 1.7 percent across-the-board pay increase for 2013. This pay raise went into effect on January 1, 2013.
Take a look at the 2013 military pay charts to see what you may be getting next year:
-- The 2013 Active Duty Pay Charts
-- The 2013 Reserve/Guard Pay Charts
Prior Year's Pay Charts:
-- 2012 Active Duty Military Pay Chart
-- 2012 Guard and Reserve Drill Pay Charts
-- Historical Pay Charts Dating Back to 1949.
Factors That Affect Military Pay
- The Annual Pay Raise.
- Longevity raises virtually every 2 years (based on the number of years in service).
- Number of Drill Periods (Guard and Reserve Only)
- 2012 Basic Allowance for Housing Increases BAH (based on location).
- 2012 mBasic Allowance for Subsistence BAS Increase.
- 2012 Cost of Living Allowance COLA Increase (based on location).
- And Special Pay(s) (based on occupations: Language Skills, Combat, Flight, Hazardous Duty).