Hilarious video of two unconventional fighter pilots racing to be first on base.
Smoke Squadron's Super Close Call
The Aerial Demonstration Squadron (Portuguese: Esquadrão de Demonstração Aérea), popularly known as Smoke Squadron (Portuguese: Esquadrilha da Fumaça) is the Brazilian Air Force's air demonstration squadron. Its first display was on 14 May 1952 over Copacabana beach, using the North American T-6 Texan. The team used the T-6 from its formation until 1968, when it switched to the French Aérospatiale (Fouga) CM.170-2 Super Magister jet, called T-24 in FAB service. However, this model proved unsuitable to Brazilian conditions and, in 1972, the squadron reverted to the T-6, which was used until 1977. The EDA was disbanded in 1977, but reformed on 8 December 1983 using Neiva T-25 Universal piston-powered aircraft, soon to be replaced by the then-new Embraer EMB-312 Tucano turboprop trainer. At the time the EDA's aircraft were painted a bright red scheme, which has since been superseded by the current gloss blue.