- Military.com's Veteran Career Network - Military.com created this service to connect veterans to more than 250,000 former servicemembers. Veterans, who use this service, can network with other veterans working at large companies such as, Lockheed Martin and the Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Military.com Job Search - Military.com, in partnership with Monster, provides jobseekers with resume building tools; the ability to search for jobs by employer; and the site also provides various tips for interviewing.
- USAA.com - A Fortune 500 company, that provides financial services to military servicemembers and their families. This company actively recruits veterans and has frequent postings on the website. USAA has been recognized by various organizations and publications for being a military-friendly company.
- Military Spouse Career Center - This site offers tips and articles for military spouses about finding employment and skill development, among other work and family support issues.
- Firstgov.gov - A web portal that links to other government websites. FirstGov.gov features one of the most comprehensive searches of government on the Internet. This may help veterans searching for jobs but who have no idea of where to start.
Transitioning military personnel have an edge over civilians when it comes to finding employment. Former servicemembers have the military training, work ethic and experience most companies look for. What's more, these employers actively recruit veterans in order to provide servicemembers with the means to support their families and to build a solid career. Veterans might feel overwhelmed by the wealth of opportunity at their fingertips, and it will help to narrow down the search to a specific government agency or job. The following companies help veterans find employment:
© Copyright 2018 Military.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.