If you want a great career and a great military marriage, you do not have to be totally fearless (and all that implies.). Instead, you only need to fear LESS. Worry LESS. Talk-yourself-out-of-it LESS. Because you really are the worker so many employers want most.
That’s why we put together this master class to share all we have learned from coaching thousands of military spouses on the job hunt. You can expect to learn the following:
- How to avoid the lure of common career off-ramps that could lead you into low-pay or no-pay work.
- How to bring together your many talents, skills, and job experiences into one clear goal that makes employers want to hire you.
- How to access the spouse employment programs that help you leap over your lack of a local network and into the in-person, hybrid, or remote work you want most.
- The magic words to ensure you and your service member can end up with the happily-ever-after you dreamed of.
Here are the links and resources mentioned in the class:
Best Programs for Military Spouse Employment:
1. Hiring Our Heroes MSCAP Program: Military Spouse Career Accelerator Pilot
- paid 12-week fellowships FOR ACTIVE DUTY OR RECENTLY RETIRED SPOUSES
- placed with host companies based on location and work experience,
- The current job offer rate is 91% for participants. The average starting salary is $70,000.
2. American Corporate Partners Active Duty Spouse Program
ACP hand-selects a Mentor for each spouse Protégé for year-long, customized, one-on-one mentorship. Eight percent of mentors are in non-defense related occupations. Mentors and Protégés connect at least once a month for up to a year—GREAT FOR CAREER EXPLORATION, especially about a particular field.
Amplify is a free two-day workshop ONLINE OR INPERSON tailored to military spouses focused on career preparation, professional development, and networking. Again, GREAT FOR CAREER EXPLORATION.
OCONUS Living is Hard on Spouse Careers
If you and your service member are thinking of requesting orders outside the United States or to a rural location, here is the study you and your service member must read: https://www.military.com/spouse/career-advancement/military-spouses-may-face-disproportionate-unemployment-overseas.html