Let's be real: Sometimes a little bribery doesn't hurt, especially when it comes to parenting.
That's why we should give a nod to the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) for making bribery just a little easier. For 16 years they have been giving out Exchange coupon books for free and discounted items to children first grade through high school who turn in a report card reflecting a "B" grade average.
Ten percent off Exchange-sold shoes may not make your third grader's heart go pitter-patter, but I'm guessing free fast food and snacks from the shoppette might. Even if you're like us and don't normally eat that stuff, a special treat or two won't kill your kid.
AAFES is providing one coupon book per report card. Present a military ID and school grade documents at service desk. Coupons are good through July of 2017.
So what's included in this PX coupon book? Here's a quick rundown:- Free Burrito Supreme or Taco Supreme from Taco Bell
- Free small Philly sandwich at Charleys
- Free Chicken Po’Boy at Popeyes
- Free bacon double cheeseburger and small fry from Burger King
- Free Snack Avenue fountain drink, yeti drink, frozen drink or iced tea
- Free Snack Avenue hot dog
- Free Snack Avenue Tornado or Rollerbite
- Free 14-ounce Crystal Cool Cow milk.
- Free haircut
- Ten percent off footwear
- $5 off Under Armour apparel
AAFES officials said they don't know how many good-grades coupon books were handed out last year because they don't track that information.
But we think they should expand the PX coupon book program to adult learners. Fact: MilSpouse college students dig free snacks.