What do you do with a new year stretched before you?
It’s our organizational time of the personal variety. All the holiday hoopla is over and there’s usually some time off of work remaining to do important ‘housekeeping.'
Readiness is so important in our lifestyle and you can’t go wrong with an annual checkup.
Here’s a list that I hope you find helpful and a good starting point:
- Order free credit reports
- Set up your tax receipt file/folder so receipts can get easily added for the next tax year
- Make a will and living will
- Set up a Christmas club account if December stretched your finances
- Review the budget and set financial goals of the ‘do’ not ‘try’ variety
- Take care of your preventive health and dental care that you may have put off
- Check expiration dates of such things as passports and leases
- Confirm your voter registration, especially if there’s been a PCS this year
Sometimes life needs a new direction. Let this be your time to take care of personal business and personal matters.
Press on in a positive manner and I wish you all a happy 2012!