How many of you will shortly experience a homecoming or a deployment?
The Pentagon on Monday announced upcoming deployments of more than 42,000 troops, including 25,000 active duty Army soldiers who would be sent to Iraq beginning in the fall to replace troops scheduled to come home by year's end.
List of rotations after the jump:
- 25th Infantry Division Headquarters
- 2nd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, from Fort Carson, Colo.
- 3rd Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, from Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- 2nd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kan.
- 3rd Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division, from Fort Bragg, N.C.
- 172nd Infantry Brigade from Schweinfurt, Germany
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, from Fort Hood, Texas.
- 1st Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, from Fort Wainwright, Alaska.
The four National Guard brigades being alerted for Iraq duty are:
- 72nd Brigade Combat Team, Texas National Guard
- 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 28th Infantry Division, Pennsylvania National Guard
- 256th Brigade Combat Team, Louisiana National Guard
- 278th Brigade Combat Team, Tennessee National Guard
The unit told to prepare for deployment to Afghanistan was the 86th Brigade Combat Team from the Vermont National Guard.