Lest you all think I can't stand my husband (based on my previous post), let me highlight some of the wonderful things about him...which makes sense as we head toward Valentine's Day.
1. He folds the laundry. I hate folding laundry. HATE. IT. I'd much rather scrub the toilet with a toothbrush. During the last deployment, my friends would come over and have to sit on the floor because the (clean) laundry was piled up on the couch. As I sit here typing this, he is folding laundry next to me.
2. He indulges my (wicked) sweet tooth occasionally. What more could a woman ask for than a man bearing Baskin Robbins, wearing ACUs to show up on her doorstep on a rainy night? MacGyver came home after one of his night classes with a 2 scoop sundae (mint chip, pralines and cream, hot fudge, nuts, and a cherry thankyouverymuch) for me. Now THAT is love!
3. He changes the oil in my car. On time. And he recycles the oil for me. He also rotates my tires and looks great in grease.
4. He cooks a mean breakfast. Usually while allowing me to sleep in.
5. He doesn't mind when I take off 1/2 way across the world to hook up with people I've never met because he knows it means the world to me.
6. Did I mention he folds laundry? Now he's taking it upstairs and putting it away.
7. He loves our children. More than himself.
8. He pesters me to turn the computer off from time to time. Like right now.
What's wonderful about YOUR husband/wife/loved one?