The kitty litter rum balls were a hit. Well, few people could steel themselves to try them, but everyone appreciated them very much.
Every so often at the party, the call would go up, "Who wants a poop?" and someone would have to volunteer while everyone watched in anticipation.
It was almost like a frat party.
So, if you're curious (and because I don't want poor Andi to get fetish hits on SpouseBUZZ), I'm putting the picture of the rum balls after the jump.
Here they are - in all their appetizing glory!
Truly horrible. Anyone want the recipe?
1 cup crushed Oreos
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup Peppermint Schnapps
1 1/2 tsp honey or corn syrup
Grape Nuts Cereal
1) Mix Oreos, sugar, Schnapps, and honey together. Let sit about ten minutes. If still too sticky to work with, add a teaspoon or so of sugar.
2) coat hands with butter spray and fashion balls (traditional) or fake poops out of the mixture.
3) spread grape nuts on a pan in a very shallow layer.
4) lay freshly made "poops" on the bed of Grape Nuts while still sticky.
5) Allow to dry overnight before serving.
Now, I would LOVE to heard stories of SpouseBUZZers who used the Kitty Litter Rum Ball recipe for holiday get-togethers or Superbowl parties. How did they work for you?