Many retailers and restaurants are hoping to take the sting out of the income tax return filing deadline with special offers.
- Most Whole Foods Market locations will be serving free 12 oz. cups of brewed coffee for Tax Day.
- Bruegger’s Bagels has a coupon that will get you a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40.
- April 15, pick up a free sugar cookie, no purchase necessary, at participating Great American Cookies locations, including Potomac Mills and the Mall in Columbia.
- Get free chips and queso with any purchase on Tax Day at any California Tortilla. Just say “Taxes Shmaxes” to the cashier.
- On April 15, Boston Market is offering buy one, get one free on individual meals, whole sandwiches, whole sandwich combos, salad bowls or market bowls.
- Some Massage Envy Spas are offering free chair massages for tax filers and preparers on Tax Day. Call to see if your location is participating.
- HydroMassage is offering free massages at participating locations all this week, through April 17, to help you relax during tax time.
- All Sonic Drive-In locations are serving half price cheeseburgers on Tax Day.
Office Depot and OfficeMax stores are offering free shredding through April 25. Customers can print a coupon or show it to a store associate via a mobile device to shred up to two pounds of documents for free.
Schlotzsky's is offering a free small "The Original" sandwich with the purchase of a 32-ounce drink and bag of chips.