The annual Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) Military Spouse Symposium is coming to Virginia Beach on Tuesday, 24 February 2015. This event is free and open to all active duty, reserve, National Guard, retiree, veteran, and surviving military spouses, servicemembers, and veterans.
A professional development conference, this year's theme is Keeping A Career On The Move. Panels and workshops will cover:
- state and federal policies,
- national programs,
- installation resources,
- educational opportunities,
- resume writing strategies,
- LinkedIn strategies,
- 30 second commercials,
- entrepreneurship, and
- federal employment.
- résumé critiques,
- professional LinkedIn photos,
- Stella & Dot accessories,
- professional clothing through the generous donations of the Rosie Network (Rosie’s Wardrobe) and *New York’s ECCOCI Limited Editions (*Your outfit selection will be based on your registration number. This number will be given to you at the event registration table. The earlier you register online the better chances you will have to select the perfect professional attire. )
The link to registration can be found at the Military Spouse Symposium webpage.
I participated in a MOAA Military Spouse Symposium many years ago, and it was a great time. I am looking forward to attending again once we get back to the US. If you can find a way to attend, I highly recommend it!