Paycheck Chronicles

How To Change Your Address With DFAS

occasionally, a military retiree or Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) annuitant will forget to change their physical mailing address with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.  Then, when they don't receive their 1099R tax statement or need to get a new myPay password, having the wrong address listed causes trouble.

Thankfully, changing your physical mailing address is easy, and there are a variety of ways to do it.


The quickest and easiest way to update your mailing address is through your myPay account.
  1. Log into your myPay account.
  2. On the Main Menu, click the "Correspondence Address" button.
  3. Enter the new address.
  4. Save your changes.
Address changes take approximately one week to process through the system.

If you have trouble logging in to myPay, use the troubleshooting instructions on the homepage or call 888-332-7411.

Fast Form

Fast Forms are electronic versions of paper forms.  They can be faster and easier than using a paper form.

1.  Go to the Change of Address Fast Form (DD 2866) at the DFAS website.

2.  Complete the form.  If you have questions, please see the supplemental instructions.

3.  Submit the form.

You will receive email confirmation of your submission.  If you do not receive confirmation of receipt from DFAS within 48 hours of submitting your Fast Form, please call 800-321-1080.

Your account will be updated in approximately one week.

Paper Form

Using a paper form is the slowest way to change your address.
  1. Print out a Retiree Change of Address/State Tax Withholding Request (DD2866).
  2. Complete and sign the form.
  3. Mail or fax it to the appropriate address:
For retirees: Defense Finance and Accounting Service U.S. Military Retired Pay P.O. Box 7130 London, KY 40742-7130

Fax: 800-469-6559

For annuitants, beneficiaries and survivors: Defense Finance and Accounting Service U.S. Military Annuitant Pay P.O. Box 7131 London, KY 40742-7131

Fax: 800-982-8459

Paper forms take 30-60 days to be processed.

This information was sourced from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) military retiree Change of Address webpage.

Show Full Article

Related Topics

PayCheck Chronicles

More from Paycheck Chronicles

View more

Most Recent Military Pay Articles

View more