Paycheck Chronicles

Mail Call: Wrong Direct Deposit Info


Here's a question that I have been getting a lot lately:

Can my husband request his paycheck to be sent to him if there is a problem with his direct deposit statement? I know they are not allowed to withhold his paycheck till the next one arrives and he needs the money now.
Here's my reply:
If your husband's pay was not deposited into his account because his direct deposit information was wrong, the money will be included in his next regular pay.  If this is a hardship, he can request an advance from finance.  They may or may not be able to do it.  This is the very first question at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS ) Frequently Asked Questions page.

If he is unable to get an advance, then he should check with his service's relief agency (Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid Society)  about a short term loan.

Hope that helps,


Changing your direct deposit information is easy!  Log into your MyPay account and select Direct Deposit information to update your details at any time. Show Full Article

Related Topics

PayCheck Chronicles

Most Recent Military Pay Articles

View more
This block is broken or missing. You may be missing content or you might need to enable the original module.