When applying for a VA loan, it's important to remember that an appraiser is always required to estimate the true value of the home. Their decision affects the bottom line: the VA will only back a loan to the maximum value of the home. It may come as a surprise, but where you live can affect appraiser fees. The VA has a few regional loan centers that handle multiple states, and their standards set the bar on how much you pay for the appraiser to look at the home.
This week's regional center spotlight: Atlanta.
The Atlanta Regional Loan Center is the largest in the nation, processing loan originations and property valuations for all VA guaranteed loans for the states of Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. In addition, we administer the Specially Adapted Housing program for eligible veterans within these states. Under the new VALERI System, we assist veterans in foreclosure avoidance throughout the nation. In FY 2011, we assumed responsibility for the eligibility determination for all Veterans throughout the nation planning to use their VA Home Loan Benefit by establishing the Atlanta National Eligibility Center. Since the inception of the VA home loan program in 1944, Atlanta has assisted within our four state jurisdiction more than 1.948 million veterans and their families to obtain mortgages totaling 1,948,290.00 billion dollars.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- GA – 7 business days
- NC – 7 business days
- SC – 7 business days
- TN – 7 business days
- Occupied Properties - GA, NC, SC, and TN - 5 business days
- Vacant Properties - GA, NC, SC, and TN - 5 business from access July 15, 2009
1. Effective for all VA appraisal, repair inspection, and compliance inspection assignments generated on or after August 1, 2009, the following revised fees apply:
|Georgia & North Carolina||2-4 Units||$550||$600|
|South Carolina & Tennessee||2-4 Units||$550||$600|
2. Repair and/or completion certifications are $100.
3. Mileage fees are not authorized without written approval by the Atlanta Regional Loan Center.
4. A reasonable late fee is authorized for invoices which remain unpaid more than 60 days after submission of the appraisal report into VA systems. This fee can not bepassed on to the veteran.
1700 Clairmont Road Decatur, GA 30033
P.O. BOX 100026 Decatur , GA 30031-7026
Phone: 800-827-1000 Fax: 404-929-5819