- Active Duty (or within 120 days after separation)
- Guard or Reserve (Full or Part Time)
- USMA and USAFA Cadets
- ROTC Contract/Scholarship Cadets
- Army and Air Force Retirees (through age 65)
- Honorably discharged veterans residing in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Maryland
Who's Eligible for AAFMAA Membership and Insurance?
Applicants become AAFMAA members when they meet medical requirements and are issued a life insurance policy on their own life. Members can then purchase additional policies for themselves, their spouse, children and grandchildren. Our policies have no war, no aviation and no terrorism clauses. Unlike SGLI, after leaving the military, members can keep and buy more AAFMAA insurance. AAFMAA?s Survivor Assistance Services are included with all member policies. MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITYArmy or Air Force personnel who are:
© Copyright 2020 Military.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.