LaRue has a new low profile rifle case, the LaRue Covert Rifle Case MK II. It’s an upgrade of their first covert case, modified with a number of changes based on feedback from end users. The Mk II is an inch and a half wider and an inch deeper than the Mk I. This will allow for 18” barrel uppers and provides the capacity to position the uppers inside in an upright position.
Construction is still Cordura with rigid (padded) walls and a substantial amount of hook and loop surface. Where the Mk I’s internal mesh pockets were located is now a 10”x7” Velcro loop panel and a 9”x7” pocket. The latter has a YKK zipper and 5 rows of MOLLE web. The moveable walls inside are now equipped with hinge-points to allow for greater customization. Hinge-points allow for the placement of additional barriers to allow additional customization and compartmentalization. LaRue advises they will be releasing additional pouches and accessories in the future for separate or additional purchase. They also want ALCON to know that any covert case orders currently on backorder will be filled with the Mk II.
Features and Specifications:
- 3 ea, Buckled Tie Downs with Velcro Backers to secure weapons.
- 1 ea, Velcro-Backed Magazine Pouch
- 1 ea, 34" x 3.5" Removable Barrier
- 2 ea, 8” x 3.5" Removable Barrier
- 1 Large 9” x 7” , zippered pocket for additional storage
- 1 Large 10” x 7” , Velcro “loop” panel for attachment of Velcro-backed accessories
- YKK Zippered front panel allows case to open flat.
- Detachable adjustable shoulder strap adjusts from 25” to 46”
- 1" Mil. Spec. "D" rings mounted in nylon webbing
- Large 3” x 5” Velcro ID Panel on front
- Embroidered LaRue logo on inside front panel