Know What To Paperwork To Bring


The recruiting process inevitably brings mountains of paperwork with it. The older you are, the more you will have to do, as you will have more history behind you! Here is a list of some documents and items you should scrounge up to prepare. Ultimately, the speed with which you get in is largely determined by how fast you can complete the paperwork. Things you might need:

  • Driver's License
  • Social Security card
  • Green card (if applicable)
  • Passport (if you have one)
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage license or divorce papers (if applicable)
  • Legal records (if needed)
  • Credit report (if needed)
  • Your school diplomas and/or degrees (the actual ones, NOT copies)
  • School transcripts
  • Resume
  • Records, locations, and contact info of all places you have worked at over the past 5-10 years
  • Recommendations (officer applicants)
  • Addresses where you have lived the past 7-10 years
  • Travel dates and locations of any time you have traveled outside the U.S.A. over the past approximately 10 years
  • Contact information for people you have known up to 10 years ago
  • Copies of medical records for any significant conditions you may have had recently
  • Awards / trophies / achievements, and proof thereof

This is a long list. It's best if you first go through your paperwork, note down what you will need, and collect everything together BEFORE you actually begin filling out forms. And remember, be patient; everyone has to go through the same long process!

Show Full Article

Related Topics