Did you know that the VA offers free education and career counseling?
Yes, the VA can offer personalized counseling to military members, veterans, and their dependents to help them guide their career paths, ensure most effective use of their VA benefits, and achieve their goals.
Who Is Eligible For VA Education & Career Counseling?
- Transitioning servicemembers within six months prior to their discharge
- Veterans within one year following discharge from active duty
- Any servicemember or veteran currently eligible for the GI Bill
- Anyone receiving the GI Bill
What Does VA Education & Career Counseling Include?
- Career Choice - understand the best career options for you based on your interests and capabilities
- Benefits Coaching - guidance on the effective use of your VA benefits and/or other resources to achieve your education and career goals
- Personalized Support - Academic or adjustment counseling and personalized support to help you remove any barriers to your success
How To Apply for VA Education & Career Counseling
It's simple to apply. Just follow these steps: