Before you invest hundreds or thousands of dollars for these preparation programs, beware of the following red flags:
- Attempts to sell you prep services for many tests at once, with payment up front or on credit.
- Credit arrangements with a company other than the one selling you the prep service.
- Direct sales contact at your home.
- Promises that you can get college credit without enrolling in college.
- Book lists that include dictionaries or encyclopedias.
Before you buy any test prep service, contact your Education Service Officer. Numerous free and low-cost test preparation alternatives are available either at the education center, installation library or through local used college textbook stores.