Are you interested in a career in computers and technology? Transform your love for computers and technology into your next career. The Microsoft Software & Systems Academy (MSSA) helps active duty servicemembers and veterans develop the career skills necessary to meet the IT industry’s high demand for jobs such as:
Upon successful completion of the program, participants gain Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification in either Infrastructure, Database, or Developer specialty fields. Graduates also are guaranteed an interview for a full-time job at Microsoft or one of their partners.
More than 91% of the participants in the MSSA program successfully complete it gaining an MTA certification with an average salary of over $70,000.
Requirements for MSSA
MSSA is open to both current servicemembers with a scheduled discharge date and to honorably discharged servicemembers.
All candidates must attend an MSSA Information Session at their Base Education Center and complete a screening interview with an education counselor.
Applicants should be able to submit:
- Copy of service record for Education Center
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of high school algebra
- Proof of a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification
Active duty service members must:
- Secure command approval to participate
- Complete and sign an MOA and return it to the education office
- Submit a resume, proof of honorable service status, proof of math requirements and financial aid applications (program voucher, GI Bill, Tuition Assistance or FAFSA)
Discharged service members must:
- Submit a resume, DD-214 proof of honorable discharge, criminal background check, high school diploma or GED, proof of math requirements, and financial aid applications (program voucher, GI Bill or FAFSA)
Applicants must also meet the admission requirements for the school administering the course.
Locations of MSSA Classes
MSSA is currently offered at the following locations:
- Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, CA
- Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC
- Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI
- Joint Base San Antonio, TX
- Fort Campbell, KY
- Fort Benning, GA
- Fort Bragg, NC
- Fort Carson, CO
- Fort Bliss, TX
- Jacksonville, FL, serving the communities of NAS Jacksonville and NAS Mayport
- San Diego, CA, serving the communities NAS San Diego, NAS North Island and MCAS Miramar
To learn more about MSSA or apply for the program, please contact your Base Education Center. If you are not located at a base where MSSA is currently provided you may be eligible to request a transfer. Transfer requires proof of housing, transportation and food allowance.