The AF COOL is a Total Force enlisted program. It includes all enlisted AFSCs for active duty, AFRES, and ANG. Funding will be provided for ADAF, AFRES, and ANG members on Title 10 or Title 32 active duty orders. AFRES and ANG members not on Title 10 orders may receive payment from their respective components. Funding will not exceed a maximum of $4,500 per lifetime per airman.
What is Credentialing?
Credentialing has two purposes. First, it continues to professionalize the enlisted force by providing up-to-date industry-recognized credentials in an airman's AF job. Second, it provides a way for airmen to prepare for civilian life by ensuring that they are ready for work in the civilian sector. There are many aspects to credentialing including certifications and licenses. .
Using The Air Force COOL Website
The Air Force COOL website allows airmen to get their credentials in five easy steps:
- Find & Select Related Credentials On the AF COOL Homepage, select the "Search AFSC Related Credentials" screen and you will see the AFSC specific credentials that you are eligible for that AF COOL will pay for on your behalf.
- Choose A Program Once you have reviewed the choices, the next step is to pick one of the credentials for you to complete.
- Learn About Available Resources Review the exam(s) necessary to complete the credential. Review the gap analysis and the resources page to ensure you have the required knowledge to successfully pass the exam(s). Ensure that you upload the required supporting documentation, i.e. EPRs, applications, prerequisite certifications, etc
- Request Funding Click on the “Start a Funding Request” on the right hand side bar. Follow the prompts to complete the funding request application. Once you complete the application, an email will be sent to your supervisor who will review the request and approve or disapprove the application. You will be notified via email once this action is completed. The approved funding request is then electronically routed to the AF COOL office who will make the payment on your behalf.
- Take The Exam Take the exam(s) and follow up with the AF COOL CPO to ensure your scores are reported to close out your educational goal. Once the AF COOL CPO receives your grades, they will email you to notify you that your educational goal has been completed and send you a voluntary End-of-Course Survey. This survey will be used to better assist the AF COOL Program in providing a better service for future applicants.
Military.com's Job Center
Military.com has a one-stop job center that allows you to:
- Search military-friendly jobs
- Translate your military skills to civilian skills that employers recognize
- Network with other veterans in similar career field or with similar interests
- Locate job fairs in your area